Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Little About a Corner of My Life

Hi! I am Mary Kate Budd. I'm eighteen years old, and I'm from the greatest state in the Union- Michigan!

When I was a little girl, my maternal Grandmother came to live with us. She had leukemia and my mom was taking care of her. As well as taking care of Grandma Christe, my Mom taught my five older siblings (I'm the baby of the family) for a few years. I was not yet of school age, and so my Grandma would sit me on her lap and watch old films with me, the most memorable being a Bob Hope Marathon.

In July of 2001, my Grandma passed away. I was just eight years old. I continued to watch movies from the 30s, 40s, and 50s (and an occasional movie from the 60s) and listen to music from that time period. I had grown to love those moments with my Grandma. We had formed a very special bond. I wanted to continue doing what I had so loved to do with her- almost as if she were living on in my heart.

And so formed my interest in not only movies and television from my Grandparents era, but also from our own modern era.

With this blog, I hope to share my ideas with you all, as well as others ideas, about movies and television - from yesterday to today.

God Bless til I get back from Beeton-ton!!!!


Grandpa and Grandma Christe on their wedding day, 1945

4 comments: