Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Reluctant Saint

The other night at COC, one of my friends gave a talk on the Saints, and the thought occurred to me "Why don't I write a blogpost about that one movie with Ricardo Montalban....uh....oh yeah- 'The Reluctant Saint.'" So I decided to write a blogpost about it haha.


Maximilian Schell stars as St. Joseph of Cupertino. The Italian man was rather slow witted and was forced to enter a monastery because his family didn't know what else he would be able to do with his life. Still, Joseph could not do well in his studies for the priesthood. But God had His own way, and Joseph became a priest. God began to work miracles through Joseph and he would levitate while celebrating the Mass or be enraptured by intense ecstasies. 

As I mentioned earlier,  Ricardo Montalban was also in this movie. He plays a priest who doubts the holiness of St. Joseph but then changes his mind after he sees some of the miracles performed by Joseph, rather like St. Thomas after the resurrection of Christ.

God bless 'til I get back from Beeton-ton!!





No comments:

Post a Comment