Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Lucille Ball.....maybe I should say Lucy Ricardo and then you'll know who it is ;)

I LOVE LUCY!!!!! No, really, I do.... I also love Ricky...and Ethel...and Fred....

At this point, if you don't know what I am talking about, I might just go into a corner and cry like a baby...
                                                                                                                                                                                 
                                       

On the other hand, you might just know exactly who and what I am talking about, and in that case... GOOD FOR YOU!!! For example, I was talking to my good friend Madeleine this morning, and I told her I was going to blog on the iconic "I Love Lucy" Show from the 1950s. She immediately said ecstatically, "Oh! That show is awesome. I love that show!"

And once you see one episode of Lucy Ricardo, you can't get enough, you just have to watch all of them! Lucy is married to the Cuban bandleader, Ricky Ricardo. Lucy gets into all sorts of scrapes and trouble (like getting a little buzzed off of Vitameatavegamin)... which makes Ricky angry most of the time and he then spouts off words in Spanish. And then with Ricky's thick accent, Lucy can easily make fun of him. But the two are obviously in love, and they love their neighbors/ landlords Fred and Ethel Mertz. Fred usually stands by Ricky, unless he is right alongside the girls trying to get famous in Ricky's floor show at "The Tropicana." And Ethel never deserts her good friend, Lucy, even when Lucy gets them both into terrible scrapes.... like working at a chocolate factory.

Old or young, "I Love Lucy," is a show for everyone.

Fascinating fact: Lucy and Ricky were married in real life. Their names were Desi and Lucy Arnaz. Unfortunately, shortly after the show ended, the two were divorced....sad isn't it?

God Bless 'til I get back from Beeton-ton!!!


Ps) The mistake Ricky makes in this clip was actually a real mistake haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment