Total Pageviews

Friday, April 19, 2013

Suave, Charming, Manly, Amazing Smile.... Sounds Like the Perfect Man, Doesn't It?

Well, that perfect man existed. And his name.... was Cary Grant. I adore Cary Grant, and so does my mom. Unfortunately....and fortunately, he made so many amazing, incredible, wonderful movies that I can't talk about just ONE in any certain blogpost. SO without further ado, I have decided to write about one Cary Grant movie each week, and I hope you will all begin to love him as much as my Mom and I do...

The first movie I'd like to talk about is the movie "Charade" Boy! Talk about Romance! Suspense! Treasure! Murder! CARY GRANT!!!! AUDREY HEPBURN!!!!! It's fascinating just by the sounds of it! I admit I hadn't watched it until this very evening, but believe me you, you better get on "hulu" this very minute and watch every single second of it! Almost two hours of Cary Grant! How in the world can you even resist watching it just to keep reading this blogpost! You must be immensely insane, dear friend...

Anyhow, Audrey Hepburn's husband gets murdered and a story surfaces that he stole 200,000 dollars from the U.S. government back during World War II with four other army buddies of his. One of those buddies has supposedly died and the other three want their money. And they all think Audrey has it. In comes the delectable Cary and claims that he is three different people at three different parts of the movie. But one thing is clear, he and audrey are falling in love. And the three army "buddies" get bumped off one by one. All of a sudden there are two thrilling chases, during which we find out that the one man Audrey does trust, a "Mr. Bartholemew" isn't really who he says, but the buddy who was supposedly dead! Crazy right!!!???? Anyhow, they find the source of the treasure and Audrey goes to return it, only to find out that the man she has to return the source to, happens to be none other than Cary Grant, who tells her his (finally!) real name and the two get engaged. Audrey remarks "I hope we have all boys so that we can name them all after you..." (Peter, Alex, Adam, and Brian).


All in all, it's a great film and you should definitely watch it sometime :)

God Bless 'til I get back from Beeton-ton!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment