Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 26, 2013

When Grandma Got Me Hooked

In my very first post on here, I told ya'll about why I had started this blog, and I mentioned a person who is, and was very dear to me- my Grandma, Mary Christe

I remember the day it happened. It? What it? You are probably asking. The day I learned about HIM! Him? Yes, the greatest comedian of ALL time...Bob Hope.

So, I was just a little kid, sitting on Grandma's lap watching a series of old movies that all had the same actor. He was very funny, and I liked him a lot. So I asked Grandma, "Grandma, who is that man?"

"That, Mary Kate, is Bob Hope."

And that was what really started me wanting to learn more about the people in these movies.

And the singers Grandma got me listening to... Like Frank Sinatra.... I like, really really love to listen to Frank Sinatra. But unfortunately, through my research of F.S, I've learned that he didn't live a very good life. That makes me upset, but the actors and singers that I have found that actually lived good lives made up for it...like Danny Thomas, Ricardo Montalban, and Maureen O' Hara.

Grandma gave me a gift that I could never repay. She gave me my hobby. She gave me the instant feeling of wanting to dance the moment....no the second....that I hear a Glenn Miller song. By the way, I seriously love Glenn Miller. He is the best....

So that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

God Bless 'til I get back from Beeton-ton!


No comments:

Post a Comment